Getting tested is important for your sexual health.
Our partners at Tulsa Health Department and Community Health Connection make it super easy to get tested and treated if needed.
Getting tested can feel intimidating, but in reality, it’s usually a quick, painless, and sometimes even a free process. STI and HIV testing is normal and helps folks stay in charge of their health.
How to make your appointment?
It’s pretty simple, let us help!
- Visit our Find a Clinic Page and find the most convenient location for you.
- Give them a call and tell them, “I need to make an appointment with your teen clinic.”
- You will need to tell them the reason(s) you need an appointment – for example, STI testing, birth control, or a pregnancy test. They want to help you make healthy decisions! We promise they are not judging.
- Confirm a date and time for your appointment which works for your schedule.
- Set a reminder in on your phone to make sure you remember when you need to be at your appointment!
- Need a ride to your appointment? Our partners at Take Control Initiative have this covered too! Just text or call (539) 302-3615 to set up a free Lyft ride to your appointment. An agent will collect your name, phone number, and pick up and drop off location. Calls and texts are answered between the hours of 7:00 AM and 6:30 PM.
- Yay! It’s time to celebrate how awesome you are for taking control of your sexual health!
What to expect at your appointment?
Let’s walk through this together
- Arrive about 15 minutes early so you can complete any necessary paperwork. If you have any questions, just ask!
- You may have to give a urine sample, so be sure to drink some water before you arrive.
- When you’re in the exam room, the health care provider will ask you questions about your medical history. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about any testing or medication you need or want. Afraid you won’t remember what ask? Bring some notes!
- Depending on the type of appointment you schedule, you may have a physical exam.
- After your visit, stop by the appointment window if you need to schedule any follow ups.
- Don’t forget – if you need to take home any condoms they are available for free at our partner clinics!